The post holder will report directly to the CEO. The role of the Senior Facilities Manager is to manage the Security Manager, Health and Safety Manager and all maintenance staff (internally or/and externally sourced).
Strategy and Planning
- Plan maintenance schedules and monitor all maintenance activities within Al Dana Amphitheatre.
- Suggest improvements in policies and procedures.
- Actively pursue means of cost-cutting initiatives and reduction of ongoing maintenance within Al Dana Amphitheatre.
- Manage the Security Manager, Health and Safety Manager and all maintenance staff (internally or/and externally sourced).
- Lead on all operational tasks for Al Dana. Identify maintenance requirements, action repairs, outsource agencies or manage internal repairs.
- Coordinate all maintenance plans, annual tests, servicing of plant and equipment.
- Project manage all capital expenditure programmes.
- Manage all aspects of Al Dana Security.
- Plan, implement and oversee all security services 24/7 to ensure that Al Dana is a safe and secure venue at all times.
- Be the main point of contact for Al Dana when it comes to Safety and Security.
- Manage the external security services employed at Al Dana for concerts and events.
- Manage Al Dana’s Safety Manager to ensure all safety assessments are carried out and any actions required are acted on in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the security, safety and maintenance of Al Dana is a top priority during concerts and events as well as non-event days.
- Supervise all subcontractors allocated on various maintenance activities.
- Plan and implement improvement and expansion plans.
- Oversee utility system consumption and management.
- Oversee maintenance of arena equipment and buildings and ensure such assets are protected, as well as reducing equipment-related downtime.
- Manage environmental process to comply with various environmental regulations.
Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in facility management.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Safety and security management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English) and interpersonal skills, Arabic language is an advantage.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Organised with excellent ability to prioritise.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Creative to resolve challenges.
- Detail oriented.