The post holder will report directly to the Senior Facilities Manager. The role of the Health and Safety Manager is to develop and implement Al Dana’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement Al Dana’s health and safety plans.
- Brief and educate Al Dana’s staff members regarding various health and safety requirements.
- Create and implement health and safety policies and procedures.
- Create in conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager department objectives and targets, such as a health and safety plan for all day–to-day operations and all major events.
- Enforce the wearing of protective clothing on site to all contractors and sub-contractors.
- Always enforce a controlled access to the workplace.
- Plan all major emergency response drills and ensure that all concerned are fully aware and are well trained.
- Document all drills, and actions required to improve any and all emergency actions.
- Create Risk Assessments for all areas of Al Dana on non-event days and event days (shows etc)
- Monitor internal and external contractors’ overall safety performance and generate reports on health and safety performances.
- Ensure that Al Dana is fully compliant with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement a health and safety management system to integrate into the business operations.
- Create awareness of health and safety issues throughout Al Dana.
- Create a Health & Safety culture at Al Dana.
- Ensure continuous review and update of the health and safety programme to meet changing requirements.
- Conduct weekly health and safety meetings and report findings of any issues to the Senior Facilities Manager and CEO.
- Responsible for enhancing the knowledge and skill levels of staff members through training.
- Evaluate the health and safety of all Al Dana operations and report this to senior management on a quarterly basis.
Requirements and qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English) and interpersonal skills, Arabic language is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in all aspects of health and safety including management level responsibility.
- Detail orientated to assess any and all risks to the venue and/or the visitors and staff.
- Creative to present options to reduce and/or eliminate risks.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work unsociable hours (nights, weekends, public holidays for example)
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Organised with excellent ability to priorities.